Thursday, September 27, 2007

Oregon's Awesome Week

I've found two particularly odd things this week that have both happened to take place in the great state of Oregon. I've got no ill will towards Oregon, it's just happened to make some interesting decisions with the law of late.

First there was the family forced to change their license plates, cause it was a discriminating work.

I'm sorry, you can't say your name around these parts


Now, I'm not familiar with the word being offensive, so I won't doubt that, however, the interesting part is that it's actually their name on the license plate. So, while adding a U to the front can be interpreted as "You," it's also just a plain old last name to this family. The woman says in addition to it being a slur, it's also a sexual reference. What kind of sex are they having in Oregon? Last I checked, it wasn't a particularly hot choice of words to say you were going to go dink someone. In fact, I think telling someone you want to dink them, actually makes you less sexy or sleazy for that matter.

Also, it was a tough day for a hero who gave his life for the police. A monument devoted to a dog that died in the line of duty was removed. What better way to remember a dog, then with his very own fire hydrant.

When you gotta go, you gotta go


I think my favorite part about this story is the headline.

"Fire hydrant removed to protect patriotism"

Really? I mean, aren't we taking this a little far? The idea was to honor this dog, and not an intentional disrespect to the flag. She goes on to point out how the poor, little dog is turning in his grave at the mere thought that someone might be disrespecting the flag. I'm thinking if that police dog were alive today, he'd probably just be thinking about how much he was relieved to find a place to pee. Maybe dogs are a secret threat to freedom, that we just haven't considered yet...

No comments:

Monkey Search

Google