Monday, September 24, 2007

Riding the Bull

You hear a lot of stories about annoying neighbors and the misery they cause people. I mean over the last few years alone, I've lived next to a retired lounge singer, a C list actor, loud babies, musicians, and even a functioning whorehouse, but never anything quite like this.

Hello Police? There's a bull in my yard. What should I do?


This guy got to watch a bull rip up his house. Not just any bull. His neighbor's escaped pet bull. I'm just trying to imagine my reaction if I got up and a bull was outside ripping down my fence and knocking the roof paneling off. I have a feeling it'd be panic and fear and clearly, I'm not alone. The poor guy called the Dept. of Agriculture for help, and they told him that he should just go find the bull's owner. Imagine the person on call that day. I bet he listened to that guy talk for about 30 seconds before thinking, "hell no. I'm not going over there and wrestling down a wild bull!" One of his other neighbors had to lure the bull away with a bag of grain. Now, there's a guy with some guts. He watches a bull wreak havoc on a house and yard and still goes out there with a bag of grain like the pied piper. Talk about a good samaritan. If I were the grain guy, then I'd make sure my neighbor never forgot that. "What's that? You don't like my garden gnome war scene that I've created? You think it's too violent? Guess what else is violent? A bull in your front yard. Yeah, I thought so."

No comments:

Monkey Search

Google