Monday, October 8, 2007

Twisted Genius

Do you love New York and all the other nonstop VH1 reality shows? It must take a crackpot team of hundreds to crack into the stratosphere of entertainment.

We are the two luckiest guys in the world

Now, clearly as a writer, there is an inherent frustration with the world of reality tv, so I sat down to write a scathing review about how ridiculous it is that these two guys have probably made millions off the fast produced reality show genre. However, a funny thing happened on the way to my rants and raves. Wait, give me a second to power through the painful realization....I am actually oddly drawn to some of these shows. There's something oddly addicting about them. It can be like a form of television crack. I'll be lying around on a saturday afternoon, then next thing I know, I've clocked 5 hours of watching Bret Michaels scour through candidates before finding "the one to rock with." It's so addicting that you're not even put off by the fact that these guys' reality shows have already given us 4 different "true love" relationships for Flava Flav. So, go forth and create young reality show geniuses. No doubt viewers will continue to watch and pretend that they don't to the general public.

No comments:

Monkey Search

Google