Monday, October 15, 2007

Almost Winning Everything

I was thinking today, as I dropped another few dollars at McDonalds hoping to win the cool million dollars in monopoly, how easy it is to keep people coming back for such a simple little scam..er..i mean game. Here I was with many a lunch option, but sure enough the mere sight of that monopoly board sucked me in. What's the result? I almost won again. I've got 2 of just about everything, and i'm one piece away from a mountain of prizes. Aren't we always almost winning in contests? You know, if I play one more time, then I'm sure to get boardwalk and that million dollars, right? Almost winning these promotions is like almost running a marathon when you take the bus to the end after 2 miles. Ever notice how all the people they have in their "winners" videos are either old an retired or in a wheelchair. They all seem to be these inspiring stories of hope and not a single person who is just pumped for some big cash. I'd make a massive argument for the moral high ground of fighting the man and not playing the game, but I can't. I think i'm only one or two more angus third pounders away from my million dollar success story. I'll see you at the counter!

1 comment:

Could-be-a-model said...

Or you are only one or two more angus third pounders away from a heart attack. Please stop eating at the McDonalds. Please don't die.

Monkey Search

Google