Tuesday, March 11, 2008

I'd Like a Half Caff. Low Fat, Double Mocha...Kidney

Now, I've befriended starbucks barista after starbucks barista.  All i've had to show for it was the occasional free cookie.  Hats off to excessive over the top giving:


How about the ultimate donation of friendship and kindness.  A barista offered her regular customer and friend her kidney.  A kidney?!?  She better get a really sweet ass tip for that one.  Talk about generous.  Can you imagine what it was like for the other people in line when this took place?  I know if it had been my usual manhattan bucks, then the whole line would have groaned and said, "great, get a room and let me get my coffee!"  I won't belittle the friendship of the customer and server relationship, but how did that even come up?  Who tells their barista that they're just desperate for a kidney.  Maybe, I've never had that friendly a barista or maybe I'm more private about my medical history, but I feel like in that 1 minute exhange of goods, my latest hospital trip doesn't usually come up!  Well, good luck woman getting a new kidney.  I hope you fill that tip charge to the brim every day after this!

No comments:

Monkey Search

Google