Wednesday, January 16, 2008

It's a Bird! It's a Plane! It's a....Super Rat!

Living in New York, you will periodically stumble upon a rodent running around in the subway or on a sidestreet somewhere. However, just imagine seeing this bad boy crawl out of a garbage can near you:

What the hell is that thing? Take my garbage! Take my wallet! Take whatever you want!

Two scientists in Uruguay discovered the skeleton of a rodent that weighed approximately 1 ton! They estimated it at 3 meters long or the size of a small car. That is the most frightening thing that I've heard in a while. I'm not ashamed to say that I reacted in a rather unmanly fashion when i had a mouse in my apartment, so I don't think that I could gauge the reaction if I were to find a 1 ton super rat. Especially if it was with its buddies that are mentioned in the article, the terror birds and the giant armored mammals. Terror birds? They sound like they are cronies that work for Skeletor in his on going battle against the Masters of the Universe. What's a giant armored mammal anyway? I'm imagining an animal in one of those giant hamster balls, but made of an impenetrable metal. The creature peers through the viewholes as it wreaks havoc upon the country side. Maybe if the super rat had gotten itself a set of this armor, then it wouldn't be extinct. Take that, super rat!

1 comment:

Could-be-a-model said...

I too reacted in a rather unmanly fashion when I found a mouse in my apartment. And I did the stupidest thing possible: I called Fuzz for help.

I think we would have lived our lives in fear of the super rat if we had been alive back then. And reliant on Fuzz. Oh hell, we would have died.

Monkey Search

Google